West Elementary School is a 108,000 square foot facility for 800 students. The main goal of the Educational Program was to design a new State of the Art facility to add to the existing West Elementary due to population grown in the area. The new facility meets that goal by promoting academics, extracurricular activities, and providing a safe learning environment for the students attending this school.
The building consists of four parts, the original building constructed in the 1950’s, a front addition in the 1970’s, a media center and classroom addition in the 1990’s and the new addition this year. This addition brings the facility to a core of 800 students which is in line with other elementary schools in the county.
In addition to the new classrooms, a new front drive and canopy was constructed to ease ADA access to the building and provide a fresh new updated look to the front of the building. Also, a new drive looping the building has allowed traffic to stack on site instead of on the busy highway creating safer drop off and pickup zones during the morning and afternoon. The 13.7 acre campus is located just east of Mt. Juliet, Tennessee in Wilson County.